15 July 2008

I'm exercising every day, so why do I still feel so lame?

Walked Wed, Thu, Fri of last week, and again yesterday and today. Hoping to do some core strengthening exercises later today. Trying to get that in, as the thickness around the middle is starting to bother me. (I think some of that is also just extra flab, which losing 10-12 lbs would take care of.) (10-12 is all I ask. I would like to match my driver's license again. I used to lie on my driver's license by about 15 lbs (it said 135 when I was 150), but when I was 138 [for approximately 8 years, from 1998 until 2006, with fluctuations around pregnancies of course] I was so pleased that I went ahead and let it say 140. But now it's off again.....)

Still struggling with monthly mood issues. (aha! that answers the question posed in post title!)

Picked 4 cucumbers from plants yesterday and have a few more still growing. One ginormous tomato (ok, not ginormous; you'd need about 5 of them to equal 1 of Steve Loyal's mammoth onions (did you see those things?)), anyway, one largeish tomato is starting to turn red and it looks like I might be able to harvest our first cherry/grape tomatoes later this week. Also could have harvested about 10 snap peas, but I left them on and will get them when there are more like 20. (You know, some number that is divisible by 4, to make a reasonable side to the dinner.) (Though I'm sure I could eat 20 snap peas as I'm harvesting without putting a dent in what I eat at dinner.) (This is my problem, you see.) Zucchini plants: one looks just about dead and the other one has some blossoms but I still don't see any baby zucchinis. I'm still hopeful though. (I thought zucchini was supposed to take over the garden and way over-produce.....) Lettuce was a big disappointment this year. There is one long skinny pepper--I thought it was supposed to be a jalapeno plant, but it sure doesn't look like it. I will let you eat it, in case it's something super hot.

Did you see comment from Carol (Collins)? She's showing me up on my own blog! I saw her at church and she asked if I had a blog, since she knows I read hers....and I told her about ours and the purpose, and commented on hers about something else, and that's how she found it. (Tell Christie about this project--they are taking wedding dresses to Cambodia so a bunch of women who have been rescued from sexual slavery can start a dress-rental business. They rent wedding dresses there--isn't that smart? Anyway, I commented that my dress was too big as they are asking for size 0-8. But tell C. in case she wants to donate her dress, if she hasn't already done something with it.)

Perhaps I will write again later. I am looking for an outlet for some theological stuff that's been floating around in my brain. we shall see!

Ox blox.

No comments: